CP Extrusion extruders for the petfood industry can be divided into two main categories:
This modern twin screw, co-rotating, intermeshing extruder is mainly used for the production of semi-moist petfood.
In one single machine the mass is cooked, mixed and pressed though the die-system. This results in the following advantages:
- Constant and controllable cooking temperature
- Constant throughput
- Controllable and constant moisture content of product
- Minimum waste during start up and stop procedure
- Quick changeover times to other recipes and products
- Self cleaning
- Economic due to low labor costs and energy consumption
This twin screw, co-rotating, intermeshing extruder is used for several purposes:
- Due to itís excellent mixing properties itís often used for mixing further ingredients, such as color, flavor or acids into the mass
- A short version of this extruder is used as forming extruder. The petfood mass is pumped into the extruder. If necessary this extruder will be equipped with infeed rollers
Due to the intermeshing screws this machine is self cleaning.
.Top of page