CP Extrusion extruders for the confectionery industry can be divided into three main categories:
This modern twin screw, counter rotating, intermeshing extruder is mainly used for the production of Licorice. Due to itís revolutionary screw design weíve managed to obtain a much lower (- 30%) energy consumption compared to other suppliers.
In one single machine the mass is cooked, mixed, dehumidified and pressed though the die-system. This results in the following advantages:
- Constant and controllable cooking temperature
- Constant throughput
- Low and constant moisture content of product
- Minimum waste during start up and stop procedure
- Quick changeover times to other recipes and products
- Self cleaning
- Economic due to low labor costs and energy consumption
This twin screw, co-rotating, intermeshing extruder is used for several purposes:
- Due to itís excellent mixing properties itís often used for mixing further ingredients, such as color, flavor or acids into a certain mass. (Licorice, sugar paste, chewing gum or others)
- A short version of this extruder is used as forming extruder. Cooked licorice from a batch cooker or Surface Scraped Heat Exchanger is pumped into the extruder. If necessary this extruder will be equipped with a vacuum installation for dehumidifying the cooked mass and infeed rollers
Also called "form press" is a twin screw, counter rotating, non intermeshing extruder. Itís sole purpose is to pump a viscous mass as sugar paste or chewing gum through a die system. Often this machine is equipped with infeed rollers.
.Top of page